LEMON THYME COOKIES
~ A treasured Michigan recipe from Woodland Herb Farm
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
2 organic eggs
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
zest of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp. dried lemon thyme
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar and salt.
- Work flour mixture into other mixture until well blended. Stir in lemon zest and thyme. Chill overnight.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes. (About 3 1/2 dozen)